Kudos and Windows 10

Anything FRONTIERS related

Kudos and Windows 10

PostPosted by EricTheLamprey » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:25 pm

Hi Lars,

Huge kudos. As a part-time hobbyist indie game dev, I have some inkling of the heroic effort you've had to put forth in order to achieve this, and I say bravo.

Professionally, I work on Direct3D at Microsoft. It's unlikely that you run into issues with such a low-level API, but feel free to contact me if you have questions or comments on graphics in Windows. Or any issue on Windows for that matter. I can probably put you in touch with the right people.

Since I work with Windows 10 all day every day, I'll give Frontiers a whirl thereupon. If it doesn't work, it's our bad and we'll fix it.

Good luck with wrapping up this beautiful thing you've made. May your whiskers fall to the floor in short order.
EricTheLamprey
Butterfly Painter

Re: Kudos and Windows 10

PostPosted by EricTheLamprey » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:26 pm

I can happily report that Frontiers runs on a recent build of Windows 10.
(Not that this should be a surprise- Unity is such a ubiquitous engine that any issue would have been caught early.)

It's not so happy with portrait-oriented monitors though... :-(
(or multi-mon in general)
EricTheLamprey
Butterfly Painter

PostPosted by Railboy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:42 pm

EricTheLamprey wrote:Professionally, I work on Direct3D at Microsoft. It's unlikely that you run into issues with such a low-level API, but feel free to contact me if you have questions or comments on graphics in Windows. Or any issue on Windows for that matter. I can probably put you in touch with the right people.

Thanks, I may take you up on that for later projects. Thankfully Unity has mostly freed me up from having to think about low level graphics stuff for this game. (And a good thing too, haha!)
Language is to the mind more than light is to the eye.
Railboy
Developer
Developer

PostPosted by EricTheLamprey » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:21 pm

Still working nicely on a recent Windows 10 build.
EricTheLamprey
Butterfly Painter

Return to General