10/26/2014 - Old School Bug Stomping

Your chance to hear me complain

10/26/2014 - Old School Bug Stomping

PostPosted by Railboy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:14 am

Hello, everyone. It's been way too long since you've heard anything from me so I'm here to offer you an unfocused, painfully short update that's sure to disappoint. :)

Let's see, what to share? Well for starters, here's a pic of the bugs that Hannah and I have found / fixed / verified fixed over the last three (!) days. (This is a separate process from fixing bugs reported by playtesters, which is why it's all hand-written instead of in a spreadsheet.)

The process goes like this: we sit down and play a mission, marking down where thing go wrong along the way. We keep playing until we finish the mission. Then we stop, I fix all the bugs and make all the changes that we marked down, push a new build and play the mission again. And again. Rinse, repeat until there are no more changes to make or until you fall asleep, whichever comes first. At first the lists are daunting but you get addicted to the little checkmarks really quickly.

BugListCompilation.jpg

While we were updating missions I noticed something: the number of individual files that make up the FRONTIERS world recently topped 5,000. In total there are 5,185 (fully moddable) files for the known world alone. I can remember when there were fewer than 200... *sigh* games grow up so fast...

Let's see, what else? This afternoon I had some fun sprucing up our opium den. Yay, puke decals! I really want to add some smokey haze if I can squeeze in the time. There aren't many seedy locations in Kantvarld but when the plot calls for one I'm doing my best to make sure they look appropriately grimy.

PukeParlor.jpg

Okay, that's all for now. I've got to get back to the next round of checkmarks.
Language is to the mind more than light is to the eye.
Railboy
Developer
Developer

Return to Dev Logs