Voxel Quest

From Solitaire to GTA

Voxel Quest

PostPosted by Katorone » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:06 pm

Voxel Quest (kickstarter here) is a game designed to allow you to play in an infinite world.

The game is heavy on exploration and roleplaying, it's an ideal game for people that love the exploration aspect of games like starbound or even TES.

The engine VQ is built on is entirely custom, and its source code is released to anyone having a key. This will make it easy for modders to change the world or gameplay, or even create multiplayer servers with real-time combat.

It might be hard to view the scope of the game, but believe me, the sky really is the limit here.

Please, check out the kickstarter, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask here, on the kickstarter or the Voxel Quest forum. Any pledge, no matter how small, would really help!

Disclaimer: I have no vested interests in this game. I just think it's extremely cool and needs more attention.
Katorone
Novice
Novice

Re: Voxel Quest

PostPosted by Just_ice_au » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:41 pm

It looks cool. I backed it! :D
Oh, hey ... I didn't see you there.
Just_ice_au
Wanderer

PostPosted by Railboy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:37 am

I've been watching this engine grow for a couple of months now and I think it could be really impressive. I hope he opens the source sooner rather than later.
Language is to the mind more than light is to the eye.
Railboy
Developer
Developer

PostPosted by yarnevk » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:18 am

I think he is in way over his head with his sandbox RPG feature list, but I supported it anyways since he is doing keys for source and I want to try my own terrain ideas on a voxel engine.
yarnevk
Pathmaker

PostPosted by Katorone » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:29 pm

Railboy wrote:I've been watching this engine grow for a couple of months now and I think it could be really impressive. I hope he opens the source sooner rather than later.

AFAIK he's planning to open it up to anyone with a key, as soon as the keys are distributed.
Katorone
Novice
Novice

Return to Other Games