Writer's Log, Stardate 08072014 -- Content Complete

Your chance to hear me complain

Writer's Log, Stardate 08072014 -- Content Complete

PostPosted by RyanASpan » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:46 am

Time for another milestone devlog from me, and this is a big one. I shall tell you why!

The main quest dialogue is now finished from beginning to end. All that remains for me now is editing and code. For all intents and purposes, we are content complete on the storyline, awaiting implementation. I am still fairly stunned by this. I'll have been working on the main quest for a year in September. Like on every major project, part of me didn't think I'd ever reach the finish line. This should show that we're still making progress, if Lars's working like a dog morning, day and night wasn't enough of an indication.

Feedback on the storyline from our proofreaders has been overwhelmingly positive. There's been barely a bad word said. This both pleases me and makes me nervous, feeling like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, but if the response so far is any indication, at least a good chunk of people are going to like it. Lars and I are also looking to hold another story Q&A on IRC at some point soon. The last one was amazing, really enjoyed it and everyone was super nice, so I hope some of you will join us for that one when we announce the date.

On the side quest front, we've taken delivery of just about all our dialogue for those. They're in the rewrites/editing phase as well. Implementation will take a bit longer, since the main quest is our number one priority, but things are looking pretty good and progress remains quick. It's been a stellar effort from everyone and I'm confident that they're going to turn out great.

Lastly, a big thanks to those hard-working proofers I mentioned earlier, Nathan Sampey, Avril Sabine (and her helpful sons), and Chris Barnard. You're wonderful folk, and your help is invaluable.
http://streetofeyes.com -- Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
RyanASpan
Developer
Developer

Return to Dev Logs