skinning animals

All your crazy ideas and suggestions end up here. Will you?

skinning animals

PostPosted by mountainman » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:50 pm

hello i have bought this game cant wait to play it

but i thought after killing the animal it is pretty boring to just loot it like a person right? right!

so if you had to skin the animal it would be tons of more fun so i had some ideas that i turned into easy simple made pictures.

BUT not like a cut scene where you skin it but more like a small in-game game, just watch....

(and you can take like between 5 and 10 pieces depending on how big the animal is)

thank you
Attachments
deer.png
deer 2.png
deer 3.png
mountainman
Novice
Novice

Re: skinning animals

PostPosted by Railboy » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:00 pm

Boy you're everywhere, haha :lol:

This is a lot more advanced than anything I had planned. There may be different cuts of meat but you won't have to do anything fancy to retrieve them.

The more I read your posts the more I think that FRONTIERS might not be quite what you were expecting. If you haven't yet I'd recommend watching as many gameplay videos as possible to catch up on what the game's all about.
Language is to the mind more than light is to the eye.
Railboy
Developer
Developer

PostPosted by yarnevk » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:03 pm

There is a mod for Skyrim exactly like that, which is a good place for it. Because not everyone wants that level of complexity in a loot system. Just be sure to balance the mod with the game, the one that wrote the Skyrim mod thought it would be cool if mammoths took realistically forever to harvest (OK...) and drop you realistic amount of mammoth meat that you would then spend the rest of the game selling as that was worth a Daedric armour upgrade. Or leave it to rot. So it broke the game unless you ignored it, in which case what is the point?
yarnevk
Pathmaker

PostPosted by Morgannwg » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:48 pm

Well said. I agree completely. I'm also relatively sure I tried the mod you've mentioned.
Frontiers Development Announcements = Norepinephrine
Morgannwg
Novice
Novice

PostPosted by mountainman » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:41 am

Railboy wrote:Boy you're everywhere, haha :lol:

This is a lot more advanced than anything I had planned. There may be different cuts of meat but you won't have to do anything fancy to retrieve them.

The more I read your posts the more I think that FRONTIERS might not be quite what you were expecting. If you haven't yet I'd recommend watching as many gameplay videos as possible to catch up on what the game's all about.

haha yeah you are right in so exited for this game but have lots of questions roaming around in my head :D

and I know the game is different then what my ideas show but i like the game so what I'm searching for is almost no game is so this game is really awesome I just am so excited so I had a lot of questions and ideas etc.

so thank you for answering my questions sorry for the spam but again very excited about this game love it :D
mountainman
Novice
Novice

Return to Creative Asylum