Two small questions

Engine, AI, scripting, that sort of thing.

Two small questions

PostPosted by Morgannwg » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:10 am

Hi,

I noticed while watching the trapping update that items are carried / placed in the right hand. Will it be possible on release to carry an item in the left hand (Say, a lantern) and pair it with an item (Say, a sword) in the right?

With all the exploration your character will do, will an NPC who regards you as a friend "notice" if you have been gone awhile?
"Oh! [Character Name]! It's been awhile! How have you been?

Many thanks.
Frontiers Development Announcements = Norepinephrine
Morgannwg
Novice
Novice

Re: Two small questions

PostPosted by Railboy » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:34 pm

Hello - equipping stuff in your left hand is already possible - you can see me do it briefly at the end of the croc vid. But at the moment you need to place an item and then pick it up with your left hand, which is why I didn't do it more often. I'll probably add a hotkey that automates this.

This was something I wanted to do - It would be nice to avoid the weird feeling of picking up a conversation where you left off 6 months ago, which I really don't like - but we ended up not having the time / money. There are time-sensitive quests and conversations but ordinary conversations don't track time. But it's the kind of thing I might add in a post-release update.
Language is to the mind more than light is to the eye.
Railboy
Developer
Developer

Re: Two small questions

PostPosted by Morgannwg » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:07 pm

Railboy wrote:Hello - equipping stuff in your left hand is already possible - you can see me do it briefly at the end of the croc vid. But at the moment you need to place an item and then pick it up with your left hand, which is why I didn't do it more often. I'll probably add a hotkey that automates this.

This was something I wanted to do - It would be nice to avoid the weird feeling of picking up a conversation where you left off 6 months ago, which I really don't like - but we ended up not having the time / money. There are time-sensitive quests and conversations but ordinary conversations don't track time. But it's the kind of thing I might add in a post-release update.

Awesome. I appreciate the reply. Especially knowing how busy you (and the crew) must be.

Many thanks.
Frontiers Development Announcements = Norepinephrine
Morgannwg
Novice
Novice

Return to Technical Stuff