4/24/2014 - E̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶A̶c̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶(̶?̶) Preorders!

Your chance to hear me complain

4/24/2014 - E̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶A̶c̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶(̶?̶) Preorders!

PostPosted by Railboy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:05 pm

Just posted a KS update about preorders vs. early access. Thanks for the feedback earlier - I feel much better about this option.

If you know anyone who wants to support us you can send them to the main site, or you can embed our Humble widget:
Code: Select all
<iframe width='550' height='264' scrolling='no' frameBorder='0' style='border:none;' src='https://www.humblebundle.com/store/product/frontiers/xqfFWtyrgio184gVD'></iframe>

I'll make an announcement post for visibility and I'll be posting to Greenlight as well. Really curious to see how this goes... *crosses fingers*
Language is to the mind more than light is to the eye.
Railboy
Developer
Developer

Re: 4/24/2014 - E̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶A̶c̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶(̶?̶) Preorders!

PostPosted by Zarconius » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:45 pm

Perfect! Now I can order another copy for my wife. I told her I had back in the Kickstarter but I switched from the Double Pack to the Apprentice level so I could participate in beta. Shhh. Don't tell.
Zarconius
Novice
Novice

PostPosted by Kevin » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:16 am

You are trying really hard to be as sneaky as possible about this preorder since I cannot find it on the humble store.

In that regards, would you encourage or discourage posting about it on other gaming forums?
Kevin
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted by Railboy » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:53 am

We just have a widget on the main site for now. (That may change later.)

Kevin wrote:would you encourage or discourage posting about it on other gaming forums?

By all means, please spread the word! (Just don't be pushy or spammy or anything.)
Railboy
Developer
Developer

PostPosted by antihuman09 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:34 am

Hoping for some more charts and numbers. : ))

Any way to send this new and interesting development to those that favorite and follow on Steam? Or too spammy? I don't think I received any indication of the new announcement (and I've had it marked as both "favorited" and "followed" since it appeared on Steam). If i weren't on the forum and had wilfully (though, admittedly lazily) "followed" the game and not gotten wind of this i'd be a bit disappointed.

It is quite possible that I'm missing something. Some setting in Steam for receiving emails on my followed games. But I'm at work so checking would be a pain if it's doable.

-Rob
When pride is allied with hostility, all reason is denied. -Shai Hulud
antihuman09
Engineer

PostPosted by postnjam » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:25 am

Since it's been greenlighted on steam, will there be a preorder option on steam?
postnjam
Dungeon Crawler

PostPosted by Zolana » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:47 am

antihuman09 wrote:Hoping for some more charts and numbers. : ))

Any way to send this new and interesting development to those that favorite and follow on Steam? Or too spammy? I don't think I received any indication of the new announcement (and I've had it marked as both "favorited" and "followed" since it appeared on Steam). If i weren't on the forum and had wilfully (though, admittedly lazily) "followed" the game and not gotten wind of this i'd be a bit disappointed.

It is quite possible that I'm missing something. Some setting in Steam for receiving emails on my followed games. But I'm at work so checking would be a pain if it's doable.

-Rob

The pre-ordering system has been announced on the Greenlight page, but I don't think there was a notification about it (I favourited and followed the page too and haven't seen anything informing me via Steam either).
-Zolana

Generic ramblings about life, the universe, and everything: http://awjc.wordpress.com

Feel free to add me on Steam, but PM me here so I know who is adding me :)!
Zolana

PostPosted by Railboy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:56 pm

I don't think I received any indication of the new announcement (and I've had it marked as both "favorited" and "followed" since it appeared on Steam)

That's disappointing. I announced it on the Greenlight and Concepts pages and assumed that anyone with a 'follow' or a post in a discussion topic would get some kind of notification. Steam seems to err on the side of 'don't bother people' which I can appreciate. But even without the Steam crowd being notified there's been a respectably modest trickle or preorders coming in. Those numbers may pick up once the beta is released and gameplay videos start to trickle out into the world but in the meantime they're about what I was expecting, so that's good.

Since it's been greenlighted on steam, will there be a preorder option on steam?

For now I'm just going to stick to the Humble widget, it seems to be getting the job done.
Railboy
Developer
Developer

Return to Dev Logs