Generic Asset content

Engine, AI, scripting, that sort of thing.

Generic Asset content

PostPosted by SignpostMarv » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:05 pm

In the kickstarter blurb, it is mentioned that generic assets will be made freely available- I'm wondering whether that'll be an ongoing thing as the game is developed, or if it'll be after release ?
SignpostMarv
Alchemist
Alchemist

Re: Generic Asset content

PostPosted by Railboy » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:09 pm

I'm wondering whether that'll be an ongoing thing as the game is developed, or if it'll be after release ?

Good question. Most likely it will happen after the release, since assets will be continually tweaked (and variations will be produced) as we work. But if for some reason an asset reaches the end of its life cycle before release, and we know it won't change, I may consider putting it out there earlier.
Language is to the mind more than light is to the eye.
Railboy
Developer
Developer

Re: Generic Asset content

PostPosted by marekjm » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:05 am

Or if you are using some SCM you can branch the assets (don't merge code into that branch -- just merge assets into master or devel if they get updated) and release zips just for this branch. I think it shouldn't be that hard. And can we know what SCM you are using?

And what with the code? Will it also be opened after the game release? I'm not saying *just* after the release but a year maybe.
marekjm
Novice
Novice

Return to Technical Stuff