Kerbal Space Program

From Solitaire to GTA

Kerbal Space Program

PostPosted by Zolana » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:04 pm

Oh KSP, the ultimate game of trial and error... Kind of. I've been playing it a lot lately, it's so addictive, dangerously addictive.

Anyway, other KSP-ers out there, what have been your greatest successes/failures?

For me, success was a return manned mission to Eeloo. Failure wise, it would have to be forgetting to add a decoupler on a transfer stage for a probe headed to Vall (I ended up crashing the craft into Jool "for SCIENCE!") hehehe.
-Zolana

Generic ramblings about life, the universe, and everything: http://awjc.wordpress.com

Feel free to add me on Steam, but PM me here so I know who is adding me :)!
Zolana

Re: Kerbal Space Program

PostPosted by Arithial » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:29 am

Aah, KSP. This is the game that almost killed me with laughter. I think that this was one of my best spent money for a game(the other consist of Gothic 1,2, the expansion for G2 and Morrowind. I cannot officially put Frontiers there until I have played it, but it is there unofficially :D ).

My great success was making a gigantically glorious space station, consisting of more than 20 different sections sent from Kerbin and docked to it. I also consider this space station my greatest failure in the game, because I, in my infinite wisdom, forgot to make a way to detach the engines of each section, each one of those engines pointing at a different angle. This lead me to accidentally fire all engines at full thrust. What followed was glorious explosions and many kerbins dying.

I was too lazy attempting to make landings on other space objects. I prefer making a small battalion of space stations.
We from the Chaos Salute you...
We From The Darkness Accept you...
We From The Light Reject you forever...
Arithial
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Kerbal Space Program

PostPosted by Zolana » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:20 am

Wow, that must have been amazing, both in terms of the size of the structure, and of the size of the explosion! Epic space stations are epic! But yeah, the catastrophic explosions are always an entertaining sight in KSP (and let's be honest here, part of the fun)!

It's very hilarious when something goes wrong (after you've had that initial facepalm moment I guess) :P.

If you fancy trying to land on another planet, then obviously the Mun and Minmus are good bets to start with, but Duna is surprisingly forgiving (thanks to its atmosphere, you can land stuff with parachutes rather than having to execute burns etc.).

<geekiness> You'll have to get the relative angles right, but there's an online calculator here: http://ksp.olex.biz/ that's really handy for that sort of thing </geekiness>.
-Zolana

Generic ramblings about life, the universe, and everything: http://awjc.wordpress.com

Feel free to add me on Steam, but PM me here so I know who is adding me :)!
Zolana

Return to Other Games