Rust

From Solitaire to GTA

Rust

PostPosted by Railboy » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:27 pm

I just watched a few lets plays of Rust (still haven't had a chance to actually play it yet) and I'm realizing that FRONTIERS' survival system is like a friendlier, less antisocial version of Rust. People have been mentioning this for a while now but this is the first chance I've had to really look into it. The Blueprints system, ore mining system, crafting system, inventory etc. all resemble Rust's systems. Hunger and the like are more forgiving in FRONTIERS but otherwise generally the same. The only major places where the survival gameplay really diverges are in paths, combat and home construction.

Point being, if anyone has feedback based on their experiences with Rust it could be valuable as a sort of 'parallel playtest.' If you think FRONTIERS could improve on or avoid something that they've done post it here.
Language is to the mind more than light is to the eye.
Railboy
Developer
Developer

Re: Rust

PostPosted by yarnevk » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:27 pm

Avoid the possibility of naked wangs as teabags....even if that cost you a million sales.

But people do like making things, since housing is modular pieces if you can find an in-game way to build your own house rather than outside modding, that would be good. There used to be an old Morrowind mod that basically implemented the Construction set inside the game, much easier to see what you get in first person game view and fun that your character rather than you the player made the house.
yarnevk
Pathmaker

Return to Other Games