FRONTIERS is coming to Steam Greenlight on March 30th!

What's new in the world of FRONTIERS

FRONTIERS is coming to Steam Greenlight on March 30th!

PostPosted by Railboy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:33 pm

Hello, everyone!

On March 30th FRONTIERS will be going live on Steam Greenlight.

And I need your help. I plan to distribute the game on GOG and Humble Bundle as well, but getting on Steam is my number one priority right now. Why? Because Steam's free tools will help me to distribute and rapidly patch the pre-release beta. The beta is a massive undertaking, and every minute I don't spend packaging and distributing and wrangling the next build is another minute spent squashing bugs and balancing gameplay.

Here's the Plan

Remember how much we kicked ass on Kickstarter? A big part of that was the early influx of backers. That pushed us into the top ranks, which generated interest, which kept us in the top ranks. I want to pull the same trick with Greenlight, which is why I'm doing a pre-announcement. If every backer with a Steam account plus even a fraction of the 10,000 from the Steam Concepts page votes YES on the FIRST DAY it ought to raise a few eyebrows.

In other words, the plan is lots of votes really fast. IT'S JUST CRAZY ENOUGH TO WORK.

Media gods willing I might even be able to swing a bit of press. In the meantime, you can help by telling everyone you know who might even have a passing interest in FRONTIERS (and a Steam account) to get ready to vote. I aim for a quick, decisive victory!

Isn't Greenlight getting phased out?

Hilariously, yes, they are phasing it out. Great timing right? But they haven't announced exactly when this is happening, only 'sometime in the next 12 months,' and in the meantime I've got to play by their rules.

OK that's all for now. I'll post another announcement once the Greenlight page goes live on the 30th. (I'll be sending out a KS update as well, of course.)
Language is to the mind more than light is to the eye.
Railboy
Developer
Developer

Re: FRONTIERS is coming to Steam Greenlight on March 30th!

PostPosted by HammelGammel » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:42 pm

I'll definitly be there!
HammelGammel
Spyglass Polisher

PostPosted by yarnevk » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:29 pm

I will vote it up but I am not going to do beta on Steam because I refuse to use it on principle unless it is the only way to play the game like Skryim. I would much rather wait for release on GOG than be forced to use Steam.

I do understand your reasons and know why Steam has both the early access and easy patching features, it is indeed their hope that devs do not burden themselves with other patch release platforms.
yarnevk
Pathmaker

PostPosted by Railboy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:53 pm

Understood. You'll have DRM-free options for the final release.
Language is to the mind more than light is to the eye.
Railboy
Developer
Developer

PostPosted by kbrownridge » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:54 pm

I'm doing the beta run for Wasteland 2 through Steam and haven't had any issues so far, so I'll be there on the 30th.
___
The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.
kbrownridge
Rock Namer

Return to Announcements