Funding Booster Pack

All your crazy ideas and suggestions end up here. Will you?

Funding Booster Pack

PostPosted by Mark Shaun Rushow » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:48 am

Now that we have had some time to recuperate are bank accounts from the campaign and the holidays. I for one would be more than happy to contribute more perhaps have a second mini funding campaign to ease up some of the load and help to get done what needs to get done like hiring someone to manage the press for Lars or perhaps more coders or artist time. Budgets sound a bit too tight after the "Dead Zone" period and it sounds like a bit of a boost of extra funding could relieve a lot of pressure a perhaps bring back some of the cuts that have been made into the fold. Nothing too extravagant and no rewards needed, all for the cause. Fro many of us I think want Frontiers to be the best it can be and hold passion for the vision of the project. What say we all !? Lars, come up with a reasonable number and let us put it to a vote. I for one don't mind that the game may be delayed longer if in that it is the best it can be. Clear communication of where we are at and where we are going and what is holding up progress is all that is needed and you have done pretty solid on that so far.
e-cig Keep the addiction, get the buzz, chill out, and no worries. e-cig for life....literally.
Vape anywhere with no worries, no secondhand, no smell, no terrible taste (you choose your flavor), and no stains
NO Cancer or tar filled lungs!
Mark Shaun Rushow
Pathfinder

Re: Funding Booster Pack

PostPosted by Railboy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:17 am

I really appreciate this - honestly - but we're nowhere near needing extra cash at this point. I've been very careful with the budget and while we're not exactly rolling in cash we're also not in trouble and won't be for a long while, even with the schedule problems. When I dropped the line in the update about not having revenue to keep the project going I was just complaining about an eventual inevitability, not a present threat.

If I DO find myself in trouble budget-wise you can expect me to complain about it as loudly as I complain about everything else. :) And maybe we'll talk about a second run at that point. But like I said on KS: even though others have done second runs and even though I don't think there's anything wrong about that in principle, I kind of doubt I'd ever do one. Never say never, but I'd prefer to let reality dictate the scale of the project and deliver what I can with what I have. I think it will result in a better, more disciplined release (at least in my case).

Anyway thanks again for the suggestion - regardless of what happens it's good to know you'd care enough to double-dip!
Language is to the mind more than light is to the eye.
Railboy
Developer
Developer

PostPosted by postnjam » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:05 am

You know, you can always bring an alpha out with microtransactions- worked well in WarZ.

"sarcasm"
postnjam
Dungeon Crawler

PostPosted by yarnevk » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:20 pm

Ever escalating budgets always lead to feature creep rather than solving the budget problems, contributors expect more for giving more.

Well managed projects no matter if $10K or $10M have a budget that is not changed.

Even something simple like dropping high poly NPC was addressed in video that it would require higher quality armor and people would want higher quality weapons would require 2.5x the budget of the entire project for such a 'little' feature that you can just 'buy' for more money on the Unity store.
yarnevk
Pathmaker

PostPosted by Mark Shaun Rushow » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:23 pm

okay let us know
e-cig Keep the addiction, get the buzz, chill out, and no worries. e-cig for life....literally.
Vape anywhere with no worries, no secondhand, no smell, no terrible taste (you choose your flavor), and no stains
NO Cancer or tar filled lungs!
Mark Shaun Rushow
Pathfinder

PostPosted by RyanASpan » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:47 pm

I think that, if we ever get to the point where funding is so tight it looks like we might conceivably run into trouble, we'll be in a place where we can start taking preorders without feeling like vapourware. But as always, we burn those bridges when we get to them.
http://streetofeyes.com -- Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
RyanASpan
Developer
Developer

Return to Creative Asylum