Official Wiki

What's new in the world of FRONTIERS

Official Wiki

PostPosted by Railboy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:10 pm

Hello, everyone!

We're moving our dev wiki over to the new, improved and much prettier gamepedia wiki, so update your bookmarks. The dev wiki will still be used by the team to share important (and spoilery) information, but it will be made private. From now on gamepedia is the official player wiki. Special thanks to Wynthyst and the gamepedia team for making this happen.

CLICK HERE TO VISIT FRONTIERS.GAMEPEDIA.COM
Language is to the mind more than light is to the eye.
Railboy
Developer
Developer

Re: Official Wiki

PostPosted by SignpostMarv » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:20 pm

Perhaps you could ask gamepedia to take care of an official IRC channel while you're at it ? :)

(one assumes they have bots already setup for various tasks such as archiving chat logs)
SignpostMarv
Alchemist
Alchemist

PostPosted by bgivenb » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:07 am

Yess finally :D
bgivenb
Artisan
Artisan

PostPosted by Wynthyst » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:53 am

I have tried to integrate the information provided into the wiki style we already had set up, and have added a few templates, etc. I have also tried to get all the existing pages interlinked.

If you (devs and community) would like to see any changes to the design, please feel free to let me know, and I will do it however you wish, this is afterall YOUR wiki.

I'd also like to see community members step up and take on the daily administrative duties (patrolling for spam/vandalism, etc). Anyone willing to volunteer, just leave me a note on my talk page on the wiki.

I'm available for any questions regarding how to do stuff.
Wynthyst
Novice
Novice

PostPosted by Ceres » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:52 pm

Wow - what an already-great Wiki! I was finally able to register @ Curse (I had some trouble signing up when I was trying to use an iPad) but I couldn't register using any of my current "online names" :(

So, since I joined because of Frontiers, I'm calling myself "Butterfly Painter." It seemed relevant/appropriate/etc., etc. etc. -- and besides, I like it. :) I just hope that that's okay ... :redlace:
Ceres
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted by Ceres » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:05 am

One of my already-favorite Wiki entries is "Landmarks & Significant Terrain" and the "Church of the Most Holy Ecstasy of the Parched Throat" located in the Endless Desert

Spoiler:      SHOW
"The Two Chapels
Perched at the very edge of the formal boundary between the Endless Desert and Apple Valley is a small squarish building staffed by a single cleric in robes the color of the sand. The chapel is devoted to Zenonia, Goddess of the Sand Eternal and Patron of the Endless Desert. For true devotees of the Blank-Faced Godddess, this small chapel is worth making a pilgrimage to. The pilgrims say a prayer, walk out a short distance into the desert proper, and take in the sheer feeling of eternity that wells up in any right-thinking person's heart when confronted with a stretch of sand that never ends. Many pilgrims have reported a feeling of utter calm when standing in the desert, even as they sweat through their clothing. It is said that site of the chapel marks the very spot that the prophet Brenson fell to his knees and had the Revelation of Timelessness, though one part of the desert looks much the same as any other.

Within walking distance of the Chapel of Everlasting Sands is a holy place of a very different sort. The Church of the Most Holy Ecstasy of the Parched Throat (shortened to Church of the Parched by nearly everyone) is similarly staffed by a single cleric, though this one wears the deep red robes of Erasthai. Pilgrims come here too, though instead of seeking solitude, they seek passion. More specifically, they seek to engage two rituals - the Ecstasy of Thrist, and the Ecstasy of Heat. And outsider might describe both rituals as simply "sitting out in the hot desert like a fool", but to adherents of Erasthai, the experience of sitting in the blasting sun and wanting nothing more than to curl up with some ice is nearly as close as it's possible to get to the Goddess of Wanting. It is a point of pride among the pilgrims to wait as long as possible, allowing the need for shade and water to build to a fever pitch.

On days when no pilgrims are around, the two clerics of these different temples stare across the distance at each other, though in the hundred years that the temples have stood as pilgrimage sites, it has been tradition for them to never speak to each other. (If the cleric of Erasthai is a currently a handsome man, and the cleric of Zenonia is currently a fetching young woman, and the looks they shoot each other are slightly less professional than in years past ... well, perhaps there is room for a third party to help make introductions.)"

Just one more promise (for me, anyway) that Frontiers is gonna be GREAT !!! :redlace:
Ceres
Journeyman
Journeyman

Return to Announcements