Book Kit problems with copy/paste and arrow keys

All your crazy ideas and suggestions end up here. Will you?

Book Kit problems with copy/paste and arrow keys

PostPosted by Vance » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:50 am

Hello, I know this is a VERY late reply to the release of the book kit, but I will give it a go anyways.

I tried to copy and paste my poetry notebook from notepad onto the book kit program, but it does not copy periods or apostrophes.

Also, there is no way for me to use my direction keys to situate the blinking line where you type.

Can these bugs please be fixed so I can quickly paste and edit my document I wish to submit?

Thank you. :monkey:
Instagram
YouTube
Twitter
Vance
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Book Kit problems with copy/paste and arrow keys

PostPosted by Railboy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:15 pm

it does not copy periods or apostrophes.

Strange! That's a bug for sure. Save your work as a UTF-8 text file and send it to frontiers.game@gmail.com so I can what's up. I may not have time to bugfix the early book kit until the final version is released, but I can at least help you identify the offending characters in the meantime.

Also, try submitting your book so I can see what kind of output you're getting. You can overrwrite earlier submissions so don't worry if it's not quite how you want it yet.

Also, there is no way for me to use my direction keys to situate the blinking line where you type.

That's a feature not a bug. It's not meant to be a full-featured text editor, just a place where you can paste existing text from an external editor like notepad or something - adding that kind of functionality would take time away from the game / other kits.
Language is to the mind more than light is to the eye.
Railboy
Developer
Developer

Re: Book Kit problems with copy/paste and arrow keys

PostPosted by Vance » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:08 am

Sent you an email!

Sorry for taking so long; I'm really busy with college stuffs.
Instagram
YouTube
Twitter
Vance
Dungeon Crawler

Return to Creative Asylum