So, What are you Playing Right Now?

From Solitaire to GTA

Re: So, What are you Playing Right Now?

PostPosted by DWMagus » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:02 pm

...and don't forget those that think you should be playing a character a specific way.

If you don't play characters exactly the way others do, you're labeled as a troll.

I found it funny when I was playing as Mordekaiser as a hybrid, everyone was pissed. So I sat back in our base while the other four just died (very badly) in a team fight at our door, then just came in with a pentakill.

All they could say was

"Wut?"

Still wasn't enough to win the game though. :roll:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.
DWMagus
Explorer

PostPosted by Nadir » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:22 pm

MMO-wise, I play Neverwinter. I've got two characters up to level 60, a Trickster and a Guardian

I also play minecraft with a load of mods - the server I was apart of fell apart recently, so I'me waiting to see if they re-boot or not.
Nadir
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted by TrackerTaz » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:42 pm

I'm still playing Skyrim, love that game

Age of Pirates, android game, is a blast too been spending lots of time being a pirate & smuggler... Arrr Matey
TrackerTaz
Dungeon Crawler

PostPosted by Flatfingers » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:37 pm

I know I'm in the right place when the first three answers to "what are you playing now?" are The Witcher, System Shock 2, and Skyrim. :)

I'm still happily wandering Skyrim, and currently playing the Falskaar mod. So far it's quite good -- I'm impressed with the world-generation, the voice acting, and the imaginative quests. (If you like characters having many lengthy conversation strings, you'll like Falskaar.)

I'm also dipping into Minecraft and No One Lives Forever 2, as well as helping with early testing of the Limit Theory and TUG prototypes.

Need more free time! :D
Flatfingers
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted by Gazz » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Currently I'm playing Dishonored (off and on) but I knew from the beginning that it wouldn't be anything I'd play again after finishing once.
The first rule of Tautology Club is the first rule of Tautology Club. - XKCD
Gazz
Henchman
Henchman

PostPosted by DWMagus » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:06 pm

Gazz wrote:Currently I'm playing Dishonored (off and on) but I knew from the beginning that it wouldn't be anything I'd play again after finishing once.

I was originally looking to pick up this game at some point, and this makes me sad. I was hoping for so much more from this one.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.
DWMagus
Explorer

PostPosted by TanC » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 am

antihuman09 wrote:Like Matthew, I picked up Just Cause 2 and every last bit of DLC from Steam for under 5 bucks. Fun game, HORRIBLE voice acting. I know it's a pretend island... but the accent they made up is absurd.

Come to this part of the world, especially either Malaysia or Singapore. We actually sound closer to the person whose car you just stole or hit when we speak English. :lol:

Not sure about the main actors, some do sound like us (with accent and all) while the others sound really really funny. :roll:

Currently playing - Torchlight 1 on my own (how come I never completed this!?) and Torchlight 2 with my significant other whenever she's available. :D
TanC
Dungeon Crawler

PostPosted by matthewfarmery » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:31 am

I think it will be highly likely that for Just Cause 2, everyone will be speaking their own language, not English, so you are basically hearing a translated version for your gaming pleasure, but the game is still pretty damn good, having a lot of fun with it, some missions are a bit annoyiing, and I finally upgraded the assault rifle which is a pretty decent weapon once maxed out. next weapon I will unlock will be the SMGs and then I will try and upgrade them ASAP,

in generally, I like using the SMGs and the AR, and grenades, sawn off shotgun and full shotguns I don't really bother with, pistols and revolvers also not really worth using. I just wish I could carry more ammo, as it seems that in one of the patches the devs reduced the amount of ammo you can carry for weapons. but anyway, I'm mainly trying to get 100% on as many villages I find, plus some military bases, many for the weapon and vehicle upgrades, and the latter I'm not really using, not until I unlocked a few more and see which plane / helicopter I like, I really don't like the way that planes are handled in this game, I prefer helicopters a lot more.

but anyway, the game is good, and it was a bargain at 80% off, and fully worth that :biggrin:
Last edited by matthewfarmery on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
matthewfarmery
Engineer

PostPosted by TanC » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:18 am

My only gripe with Just Cause 2 is the inability to save where you're at. When you've found a location where you want to complete 100% and was not able to do so this time around, you pretty much have to travel back to that location again and that's time wasted. Maybe you guys know of some mods to mitigate that?
TanC
Dungeon Crawler

PostPosted by matthewfarmery » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:34 am

sadly this is pretty much the case with all the GTA and it's clones, but I agree, its really ticks me off too,
matthewfarmery
Engineer

PostPosted by DWMagus » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:58 pm

What I ended up doing was taking a plane over all the cities to 'discover' then so I could use the airdrop later. Not the same thing, but closest, I think.
DWMagus
Explorer

PostPosted by matthewfarmery » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:04 pm

that is a good idea, I have to do that, would help a great deal
matthewfarmery
Engineer

PostPosted by Zolana » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:21 pm

TrackerTaz wrote:I'm still playing Skyrim, love that game

Age of Pirates, android game, is a blast too been spending lots of time being a pirate & smuggler... Arrr Matey

Skyrim's pretty good, although I'm not able to playit for the next few months :(. On the android pirate front, you might like a game called Pirates and Traders.
-Zolana

Generic ramblings about life, the universe, and everything: http://awjc.wordpress.com

Feel free to add me on Steam, but PM me here so I know who is adding me :)!
Zolana

PostPosted by Flatfingers » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:24 pm

Zolana wrote:On the android pirate front ...

I'd quite like to see a game about android pirates. :lol:
Flatfingers
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted by Zolana » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:31 pm

Flatfingers wrote:
Zolana wrote:On the android pirate front ...

I'd quite like to see a game about android pirates. :lol:

Hahaha, that could work well!
-Zolana

Generic ramblings about life, the universe, and everything: http://awjc.wordpress.com

Zolana

PostPosted by metalicdemon » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:24 pm

I'm jumping between Skyrim, Terarria and Rollercoaster Tycoon!!
taters gonna tate!
metalicdemon
Spyglass Polisher

PostPosted by Just_ice_au » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:48 am

Currently playing Thomas Was Alone and Borderalands 1 (Picked up Borderlands 2 at a steam sale, so I'm going back to the the first before playing the second)

DWMagus wrote:
Gazz wrote:Currently I'm playing Dishonored (off and on) but I knew from the beginning that it wouldn't be anything I'd play again after finishing once.

I was originally looking to pick up this game at some point, and this makes me sad. I was hoping for so much more from this one.

Yeah, it just doesn't seem to appeal to some people. I have a few friends who didn't like the "Thief with superpowers" concept at all (how can you not like something that cool).

Personally, I loved it. Played it through twice right after release and plan to do a third run-through before I finally get around to playing the DLC. The design work that went into the environment was fantastic, and I had a lot of fun blinking around everywhere. Highly recommended.
Oh, hey ... I didn't see you there.
Just_ice_au
Wanderer

PostPosted by Gazz » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:33 am

Just_ice_au wrote:Personally, I loved it. Played it through twice right after release and plan to do a third run-through before I finally get around to playing the DLC. The design work that went into the environment was fantastic, and I had a lot of fun blinking around everywhere. Highly recommended.

I like Dishonored a lot.
It's just not something I'll play again anytime soon because it's completely narrative. You play a string of missions just like in every off-the-shelf FPS.

I might replay it in a few years, just like I currently read a book that I'd read years ago.
The first rule of Tautology Club is the first rule of Tautology Club. - XKCD
Gazz
Henchman
Henchman

PostPosted by Zolana » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:09 pm

metalicdemon wrote:I'm jumping between Skyrim, Terarria and Rollercoaster Tycoon!!

Can't beat the original RCT! Coincidentally, I was playing it last night too!
-Zolana

Zolana

PostPosted by Arithial » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:46 pm

I have been tormenting myself with Gothic II The Night of the Raven and when I need a break from that game, I normally go and torment myself with X-Com UFO Defense

Skyrim I find dull, unless I go a bit overkill with mods. Personally I prefer Daggerfall or Morrowind.
We from the Chaos Salute you...
We From The Darkness Accept you...
We From The Light Reject you forever...
Arithial
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted by Tokage » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:51 pm

I've played Shadowrun Returns for the one hour and fifty-one minutes it's been out. So far I'm loving basically all of it.
Tokage
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted by XenoReaper » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:54 pm

Tokage wrote:I've played Shadowrun Returns for the one hour and fifty-one minutes it's been out. So far I'm loving basically all of it.

Same here! I second that sentiment.
"A TV person said or did something today! Quick! We've all got to share our opinion!"
-Married to the Sea
XenoReaper
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted by Nephthys » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:48 pm

Holy cow. How did I miss that. Seriously ... how ... did I misss .... that ....

We don't buy video games without both of us wanting them, so ... must go convince fiance that we need Shadowrun Returns. lol
Nephthys
Rock Namer

PostPosted by DWMagus » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:41 am

Nephthys wrote:Holy cow. How did I miss that. Seriously ... how ... did I misss .... that ....

We don't buy video games without both of us wanting them, so ... must go convince fiance that we need Shadowrun Returns. lol

I'm kind of the same way, but for me, my wife is more of the driving force.
DWMagus
Explorer

PostPosted by Nephthys » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:46 am

DWMagus wrote:
Nephthys wrote:Holy cow. How did I miss that. Seriously ... how ... did I misss .... that ....

I'm kind of the same way, but for me, my wife is more of the driving force.

Heehee, it's the same way here. I am constantly wanting new games, and he is constantly saying ... didn't you just buy one yesterday? :lol:
Nephthys
Rock Namer

PostPosted by gad » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:07 am

Legend of Grimrock is surprisingly badass...
Quod erat demonstrandum
gad
Engineer

PostPosted by John Klebba » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:16 pm

I'm about halfway through Sleeping Dogs (I think), System Shock 2, I'm playing Borderlands 1+2 on and off with some friends, Final Fantasy VII on my PSX, and alternating between Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, and Wave Race when I need to turn my brain off on my N64. Thinking of starting up a Shenmue playthrough, as well.

ADHD + A ton of systems does not a productive gamer make.
John Klebba
Baked Potato

PostPosted by gad » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:09 pm

Just started beta testing Last Dream. Pretty awesome... up to the 4th boss.
Quod erat demonstrandum
gad
Engineer

PostPosted by Darkjimson » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Shadowrun Returns and thinking of building adventures I have run in the past using the system.
Darkjimson
Novice
Novice

PostPosted by DWMagus » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:32 am

Whelp, finished Ni No Kuni. Now currently playing Dust: An Elysian Tail, followed by The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing. Both great games.
DWMagus
Explorer

PostPosted by Unaccounted4 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:51 pm

Fallout 3 can be a PITA under Linux, last time it locked my entire PC I went on a full metal rage and deleted it.

I'm now playing Teleglitch: Die More Edition (Native Linux), GTA: San Andreas Multiplayer (WINE [doesn't lock up my machine]) and testing another "soon to be Linux native" game I cannot yet disclose... Damn NDAs.
The official hype-man for LinuxGameCast.
@UnaccountedFour or on Google+
Unaccounted4
Pathfinder

PostPosted by Iloru » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Currently, not much. A little Mario Kart when the mood strikes, a bit of Skyrim on the odd day where I have a good chunk of free time... Soon I will be playing FFXIV, but that won't be until later in the month.
Official fan of the butterfly potato.
Iloru
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted by John Klebba » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:46 am

So, I'm here getting ready to move, right? I'm packing, and in the bottom of my closet, I find the box with my Dreamcast in it. So, I'm rocking Phantasy Star Online atm.

God, I missed this system...
John Klebba
Baked Potato

PostPosted by Josiah » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:07 am

I just pre-ordered Saints Row IV. So, looking forward to... whatever that is... when it arrives. I just started playing EVE again. The Mittani has a tendency to bring me back to it, and because of the Alliance Tournament being broadcasted like everywhere. :sorry:

Also, those EVE sounds are so hard to forget. "Warp drive active!"
Josiah
Rock Namer

PostPosted by Nadir » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:19 am

I finally finished Witcher 1 (wow that game was a weird mix of boring and interesting) and I'm getting into Witcher 2. Still not sure it's worth all the hype it got, but I'll spare judgement for when I'm further in
Nadir
Journeyman
Journeyman

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games