TESO Live Stage Demo

From Arena to Skyrim... and beyond!

TESO Live Stage Demo

PostPosted by Josiah » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:09 pm

Not sure if anyone else has seen it yet. Here is a two-minute live demo of the upcoming "The Elder Scrolls Online" game. To be honest, the game looked to be very disappointing for months after it was announced. At least, that's what I thought. There are still other issues, like story-line, etc., but it's starting to shape up to be quite interesting.
Josiah
Rock Namer

Re: TESO Live Stage Demo

PostPosted by Josiah » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:15 pm

I especially like the fact that they start off with the dunmer, and that he speaks a bit about Morrowind.
Josiah
Rock Namer

PostPosted by matthewfarmery » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:30 pm

its not grabbing me, fully VO stuff, means dialogue choices will be simple, and people might end up sounding similar after a while, while it might be cool to have fully voiced stuff, to me its more of a negative then a positive. so it really doesn't grab me at all.
matthewfarmery
Engineer

PostPosted by Josiah » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:29 am

matthewfarmery wrote:its not grabbing me, fully VO stuff, means dialogue choices will be simple, and people might end up sounding similar after a while, while it might be cool to have fully voiced stuff, to me its more of a negative then a positive. so it really doesn't grab me at all.

Did Morrowind and Oblivion not have voice acting? I can't remember. I enjoyed the voice acting in Skyrim, and I didn't feel it hampered dialogue. That's just me though.

However, I could say that all of the dialogue in the Mass Effect series and SW:TOR was incredibly annoying, and very railroad.
Josiah
Rock Namer

PostPosted by matthewfarmery » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:29 am

oblivion yes, morrowind no, and morrowind I think was better without it, to me, you had a lot more choice in what you wanted to say, the problem is, in oblivion and skyrim, you only had a limit amount of choices and replies to stuff, so dialogue was far simpler

because unless they have a heck of a lot of speech per person, which I highly doubt, but then again old republic is fully voiced, not sure how well that was done, as I don't play it. but for me, oblivion and skyrim had poor speech choices, and people ended up sounding similar after a while

so it really depends on how much VO they really add, if they add a lot then fair dos, but VO is expensive too, especailly if the people doing the VO are pros, or else the voices sound silly and poor, on top of that, will the game support other voices other then english? as it means having to add that too, could end up been pretty pricey then.
matthewfarmery
Engineer

PostPosted by TrackerTaz » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:09 pm

I liked watching the video.. it was interesting.

I'm waiting for ESO to come out & looking forward to playing it.
TrackerTaz
Dungeon Crawler

Return to The Elder Scrolls